Mickey and Minnie Mouse birthday party: a party for a girl and a boy
A birthday party is a special event for every little one, a wonderful celebration that brings children and parents together. The little birthday kids and their friends are waiting for interesting stories, gifts and surprises, sweets and treats. Parents, on the other hand, show their creativity to make the party fun and unforgettable. You can spend the party in the circle of your favorite cartoon characters. If the child likes the adventures of Mickey and his friends, such a party will definitely leave him delighted.
Room decorating ideas
A Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse style party is one of the best options for little ladies and gentlemen. For children in many countries and cities, Mickey and Minnie are beloved cartoon characters. Even teenagers would love a birthday party in such a theme.
There are many ideas for decorating the room, you can start with the entrance, setting there the head of Mickey from black paper or cardboard. A hint of where to go next, will be traces. The room itself can be placed toys in the form of Disney characters, on the walls hang posters with Mickey and Minnie. Tangles of helium balloons and streamers are must-haves.
The color scheme
Red, yellow and black are the traditional colors. If the holiday is arranged for a girl, the red can be replaced by a bright pink. Black is better to minimize, it will be a good idea to change it to gray, and the accent should be made on the rainbow motley and bright colors. White polka dots on any background looks very advantageous, it is a kind of a calling card of the theme.
Tantamaresque with cutouts for the face in the form of cartoon characters in full size is one of the options for photozone. So the child will feel like the main character. You can also draw a colorful castle with windows and turrets on a large piece of cardboard. Unusually and cheerfully on the photos will look the background – a favorite episode from the cartoon.
There are many ideas for decorating the room.
- With the help of colored drapery you can convey the mood of the holiday. Change the curtains and drapes, pick up tablecloths and napkins on the tables with sweets. Decorate the walls with pieces of fabric, place colored pillows and rugs in the room. Fix polka-dot bows on the chairs.
- Strengthen the fairy-tale atmosphere with balloons is the easiest and most effective way. Suitable foil and ordinary, themed, with images of the main characters in the form of numbers (the age of the birthday child). At the entrance of the arch of small balloons, tie beautiful ribbons balloons to the chairs – you can use all options.
- With your own hands you can make paper decor: garlands with colored flags or images of characters, streamers.
- To decorate the first birthday suit objects of infant attributes: different clothes (onesies, socks), pacifiers, bottles and rattles. You can not buy all these things, but simply print them out as stickers. The crib or high chair should also be festively decorated.
- On the Internet you can choose a template of a greeting inscription and a birthday figure. Cut it all out of cardboard, color, glue with flowers or hearts.
- Even at a children’s party in this interesting style, flowers will be a perfect decoration, especially if the party is arranged in honor of a young princess. It is not necessary to buy living plants, you can replace them with paper ones. They can be placed in the center of the table or in large vases placed around the room.
- Place toys in the form of the main characters: Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, their friends Pluto, Goofy, Donald Duck and others. And also not a bad option – the characters in full size. You can make them with your own hands.
- Create a corner with photos of the birthday child: if he is 1 year old, the frames by months, if he is 2 and older – the most interesting and funny photo cards. You can place them on a background in the shape of the head of Mickey or Minnie.
- You can create the atmosphere of a summer garden: a fence, flowerbeds trees, butterflies and any animals.
Starting to plan a children’s party, it is worth thinking about invitations, you can’t do without them. The most popular idea is a card in the shape of a mouse head with or without a bow. On the back of the card, you can glue a pocket for a card with the text of the invitation. It is not difficult to make a card in the shape of a Minnie bow or a Mickey butterfly.
If you want to make different invitations for all, print out any pictures or images from the cartoon and sign them.
Choosing a costume
With the creation of the costume will not be any difficulties. For a girl – a puffed skirt of satin fabric decorated with ribbons, or tulle skirt and T-shirt with thematic applique, and a headband with ears – the costume is ready! Free cut shorts with suspenders and a bow tie around the neck is the easiest costume for a boy. White gloves for both would also look very interesting.
If any of the guests did not have time to prepare a festive outfit, Mickey and Minnie Mouse accessories will save the situation. For the little ladies – hairpins and hair bows, for the gentlemen – butterflies and ties in polka dots. Since the birthday is themed, parents also need holiday hats, hats, ears or bows.
Holiday table options
Mickey and Minnie Mouse styles are very popular, so holiday table decorations can be found at any store. Holiday table decorations should be in a given theme: red or white tablecloths in polka dots, napkins stacked on plates in the form of a Minnie bow, straws for drinks in stripes. From the foam plastic decorations can be made: 1 ball – the head, 2 smaller balls – mouse ears. In the decorations can be inserted toothpicks with pieces of fruit, berries or marmalade.
Mouse-themed desserts are decorated with confectionery sprinkles or cocoa. There is no specific menu, but since it is a children’s holiday, the main emphasis is on sweets and birthday cake. There can be any dishes that the birthday child prefers. A kind of highlight of the table will be a cheese plate with mice sitting around it. Drinks can also be any: juices, lemonade, milkshakes, do not forget about the usual water.
Contests and entertainments
It is not difficult to choose a scenario for an entertaining game program for a children’s celebration.
- Mickey Bowling. For this game, you need to prepare a ball with a photo of the main cartoon character and pins. Children take turns knocking down skittles to upbeat music.
- Who is fastest? The game is modeled on the “funny chairs” contest. Mickey Mouse pictures are printed out (one less than the number of kids participating in the contest) and laid out in a circle. Guests run around the pictures while the music plays. As soon as it turns off, everyone must take their place on the picture. Each eliminated participant takes one Mickey with them.
- Bones for Pluto the dog. According to the scenario, Pluto has stashed his favorite sugar bones, but has forgotten where. The kids are divided into two teams and help the hero to find them. For the competition, you need to prepare in advance the clues in the form of traces and various riddles and puzzles that will eventually lead to the “treasure.
- Mickey, Mickey, Goofy or Minnie, Minnie, Daisy. Play by the rules of the “duck, duck, goose” contest. Children sit in a circle, one child starts the game. He will walk around the others and touch everyone, saying, “Mickey, Mickey, Mickey…”. When the leader touches one guest and says, “Goofy,” that guest must get up and catch up with him. If Mickey sits in Goofy’s place first, Goofy becomes the next waterman. If Goofy catches Mickey, he sits back down and the game continues. Adults need to make sure that the kids are constantly changing, otherwise the game can get boring.
- Do not wake up Willie the Giant. One of the parents should be a giant for the game. He lies on the floor and pretend to sleep. Around him put toys as close as possible to his arms and legs. And the kids are trying to quietly, without waking up the giant, pull away toys. If Willie wakes up and catches someone, that participant drops out of the contest. The youngest guests can stay in the game even after they’ve been caught, and don’t forget the consolation sweet prizes.
- Woof like Pluto. This is a noisy and fun contest. The barking can be anything: angry and frightening, funny and funny, realistic, quiet or loud. Nominations should be distributed so that every guest gets a prize.
- Piñata. It’s worth saving for last. A piñata shaped like Mickey or Minnie should be filled with candy and confetti, and blindfolded children will try to hit it with a bat. Since the guests are gathered for a birthday party, let the birthday boy start first.
Between contests and games, you need to give the kids a break, a “Mickey Mouse Club” cartoon video will entertain the little ones. And with the music, they can sing or dance along with their parents.