Easy valentine’s treats
The symbol of Valentine’s Day is a heart. It allows you to decorate the interior and create a romantic mood. In addition, the heart shape becomes the basis for culinary masterpieces. In order to please your loved one, family or friends with delicious heart-shaped cookies, you do not need to be a romantic.
Cookies allow you to spend the evening in a warm atmosphere with your family, wrapped in a warm rug with a crackling fireplace…
The treat can be both sweet and salty… And in general, the flavor variations are endless. About that below.
Airy Rice and Sweet Love Cookies
Easy to make, but far from easy on calories, cookies with airy rice and chocolate.
- butter – 3 tbsp;
- marshmallow – 285 g;
- breakfast rice chips – 6 cups;
- white chocolate – bar
- pink food coloring – as desired.
- In a thick-walled saucepan, melt butter. Turn the heat down to low. You can use a water bath if possible. When the butter is melted, remove from the heat.
- Add the rice flakes to the butter. Stir to mix.
- Transfer the mixture to a container lined with parchment paper. The thickness of the paper will be the thickness of the cookies.
- Using a heart cookie mold, form a heart cookie.
- In the microwave, melt the chocolate. Add all or part of the dye if desired.
- Dip some of the treats in the chocolate. Then drizzle with white chocolate.
- And again on parchment to harden and soak.
In literally 20 minutes, you can make beautiful, delicious Valentine’s Day themed cookies.
Heart-shaped sugar cookies with royal icing
An ordinary cookie in a new guise – turns out just a terrific holiday treat.
Ingredients for the dough:
- wheat flour – 360 gr;
- one egg – 1 pc;
- Melted unsalted butter – ¾ tbsp;
- granulated sugar – ¾ tbsp;
- vanilla – 2 tsp;
- baking powder – ½ tsp;
- salt – ¼ tsp.
For the frosting:
- egg whites – 85 g;
- vanilla – 1 tsp;
- powdered sugar – 4 tbsp;
- food colorings.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Beat the butter with the sugar. It will take 4-5 minutes to reach the desired state: fluffy and soft.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the whisked ones.
- Divide the dough in half. Form into balls. Cover with cellophane and place in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Turn on and heat to 180° C before removing the dough.
- Roll out the first ball into a 0.5 cm thick sheet.
- Using molds, create the planned hearts.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 9-12 minutes.
- After removing from the oven, allow the cookies to cool.
- Coat the cooled cookies with royal icing.
The cookies turn out very tasty, soft and crispy at the same time.
Talking Shortbread Cookies
Tell your feelings through cookies. Back up the shape with words that you write with icing on the surface.
- flour – 2 tbsp;
- unsalted butter – 0.5 tbsp;
- baking powder – 0,5 tsp;
- salt – 0,25 tsp;
- sugar – tbsp;
- egg – 1 pc.
- Sift all-purpose flour with baking powder.
- Add salt.
- Beat the butter softened to room temperature until the mass increases with the sugar.
- Break the egg into the butter mixture – continue beating.
- Gradually add flour.
- Having achieved the classic consistency for sugar dough, divide it into two parts.
- Roll out and cover with clingfilm.
- Place it in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let it rest for 3 minutes.
- Roll out to 0.5 cm thickness and cut out cookies.
- Place on parchment and into the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden.
While baking cookies for even cooking, flip to the other side. Cover the cooled cookies with icing and write messages.
Mini heart-shaped pizzas for Valentine’s Day
If your chosen one is not a fan of sweet treats, bake mini pizzas with an appropriate theme.
- pizza dough – 250 g;
- tomato sauce – 100 g;
- mozzarella cheese – 50 gr;
- pepperoni – 100 g.
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees.
- Bring the dough to room temperature.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out a pizza base with a tablespoon of sauce.
- Brush the dough with the sauce.
- Place pepperoni on top.
- Sprinkle everything with cheese.
- Bake5-7 minutes until crisp and nicely crisped.
For a rich, cheesy flavor, you can sprinkle additional portions of cheese on the pizzas a minute before removing.
Peanut butter and jam cookies
And for the sweetness of the year’s most passionate day, make peanut butter jam cookies, a choice for the real sweet tooth.
- peanut butter – 100 g;
- butter – 100 gr
- sugar – 100 gr;
- wheat flour – 300 gr;
- eggs – 1 pc;
- baking powder – 1 tsp;
- salt – a pinch.
- Using a mixer, beat the two types of butter and sugar.
- Having added homogeneity, enter the eggs, salt.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder, and then introduce the mixture into the peanut mixture.
- Knead the shortbread dough.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- From the dough form balls, which should be crumpled, and using your finger make a depression in the shape of a heart.
- After baking for 10 minutes at 190 degrees, add the jam into this cavity.
Why the heart-prints? So you will leave your mark on each cookie and you will be with your loved one always.